Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

The Monsoons showed up today. I've joked that I thought the Monsoons were just an Arizona myth, but today the wind and rain came and proved me wrong. It was over cast, and then really windy, and then it rained and poured, and I loved it! (when the weather is sunny and clear 300+ days a year, any variation gets exciting!)























At dinner my monkeys and I had a conversation about Sweethearts. We talked about how Dad is my favorite person in the world, and that's why he's my sweetheart. We talked about how Grapes will grow up and find some boy who will be her sweetheart, and she said, "I'll love him 300% more than you love dad!"
Then I asked Sock if he would love his sweetheart that much. He replied, "Yeah! He be 300 pounds!"
"300 pounds?" I asked, "You sure your sweetheart will be 300 pounds?"
His answer was a dreamy smile, and a sigh-like, "Yeah!"

We have a few short weeks until Grapes heads back to school for second grade. Sockie will be starting preschool. They're getting old!! What the?!?!
I'm trying to just enjoy the time I get. Funny thing, time.... it never seems to last or be enough.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids crack me up and I LOVE them. 300% more?! That's ambitious kiddo. They're growing so fast, and p.s. I love Pencil's haircut in the newly posted photo-it looks way good! I love you and miss you! (And I'm glad to know monsoons are not an AZ myth :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...