Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What we need now

What we need now is a new post so that the 'pictures of me' post will get shuffled down a little. Am I right??

Ok- that being said. I cut Grape's hair yesterday. It is very layer-y and very curly, and still long (the middle of her back). I'll take pictures and add them today after school.  That is a scary job, by the way. You goof up a boy's hair and oh-well. It'll grow back in a month. Goof up Grape's curls and curls, and be the infamous bush-whacker for the 4 years (or more!!) it takes to grow long again. (and right as the moody pre-teens begin, too?!? No thank-you!)
And it was a struggle. I'm having a hard time watching that little monkey grow up. And she is SO excited to grow up. Her favorite question is this: Does this make me look older? And she does look older than 7. (not that I'm telling her that!)
How do I teach her that childhood is a gift? How do I help her enjoy the years of 'little' before 'big' smacks her in the face?!

I'm afraid to think about what comes next: Boys. Cars. Cell phones. Curfews.
 
Why can't they stay little? 
Grapes, 4



Pencil, 3-4 months


Sockie, 9ish months

Grapes, 2

Sockie, 2
Pencil, 1 month
























Oh, yes. Because Mom wants to sleep through the night.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you are funny... you think you are gonna sleep through the night when they are teenagers.... haha

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...