| We had an afternoon of games around the table. Grapes mastered Mancala. |
| Socks and Pencil played with the Rumikub numbers. Then we played with the Upwords letters. |
| She was a quick study. I loved watching how she'd strategically plan and wipe me out methodically. |
Pencil is growing up before my eyes. On our last day of swimming he joined us in the pool. He couldn't get enough of the slide and the splashing. He thinks he can swim too.
He has also fallen in love with 'Blues Clues' and whenever he sees a pawprint anywhere he shouts at the top of his lungs: Boo Boo Cwoo!
He likes Spiderman and Iron Man too. It drives Sock nuts to have to share those cool guys.
| This monkey loves wearing his 'tie tie' all day. Every day. |
We celebrated the end of summer with a dance party. (You'd think we like dancing or something!) My favorite parts to watch for: Sock singing like a rockstar. Grapes, using her hair to make her dance cooler. Pencil, 'dancing' by running back and forth through the whole house. The Doctor sweeping. (he was enjoying watching Pencil run, too) Can't tell you how much I Love him! He's cute in his scrubs!
Monday marks the start of the school year. My super excited Second Grader (pause for a moment of confused silence....second grader?!?!?) is very ready to go back. We met her teacher last night. We both think she's pretty cool. Then the first week of August will mark the beginning of preschool for Socks. And then for two mornings a week it will be just me and Pencil at home. It almost makes me want another baby. Almost.
Also, I'm turning 30 this next week. Most of the time I'm fully ok with that number and it feels like just another birthday. But on days like today I feel overwhelmed by the passage of time and how small I feel in the greater scheme of things. How did I get here? (not that I regret here-- I just feel as though I woke up and was here already, you know?) and what does that mean for my future?
Ok- this turned into an official novel. I'm off to go plant my new trees. later!
I don't know where to start...I love games..I love dancing...I can't believe Pencil is getting so big so fast...I still can't believe that Grapes starts 2nd grade!!! (I remember 2nd grade very clearly...got my first kiss on the cheek in 2nd grade)...I love the Blue's Clues song...and a secret...I love seeing J come home in his scrubs too...very cute! Love you guys...can't wait for dance and game parties coming soon :)
ReplyDeleteHow is school already starting? July isn't over yet! That's nuts!
ReplyDelete