Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yigh yigh yo


We're having mammal week at our house. Mammals.... it was Grape's pick. We're not really learning too much new stuff, but we're having fun identifying mammals everywhere and in everything.
School starts in one week, and I am struggling to feel like it is time to get ready.
I think of school time more like "You've Got Mail" with beautiful fall colors, crisp air and bouquets of sharpened pencils. I guess for this year we'll have to settle for sweltering 100+ degrees and a few Monsoon storms to go with our pencils.



Socks is getting excited to start preschool as well. I'm realizing that I am both excited and nervous for this mommy-run preschool. I miss having teaching thoughts... I find myself being jealous of my sister-in-law who is setting up a new classroom. BUT- I am not an expert on young kiddos. Granted, there will only be 6 of them (counting Sock) but when it is my turn we will be in my house... for a few hours... and I'm not certain I'll know what to do with short attention spans for that long.

Pencil is getting more and more talkative as the hours pass. He thinks he is a big kid, and he gets very annoyed when he isn't offered the same opportunities and privileges that the older kids get. If I offer only 1/2 of a banana or try to help with his go-gurt, then I get a screaming, raging melt down. He is funny and affectionate though, so for now I'll keep him.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...