Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Not intended for children under the age of 3

Just in case you thought my littlest monkey was beginning to grow out of his crazy antics, I submit the evidence from today:


 What you see here is a small disc. It is donut shaped, with the hole in an octagonal shape. It came with our Toy-Story play set. (It can be shot out of a small disc launcher) It also makes a fancy ring.

So fancy, in fact, that it would be perfect for a wedding... You know... till death do us part.

That's right, it got stuck. REALLY stuck. We called Dr. Dad and tried a zillion different tricks to get it off. (Of course I tried to get it off before we called him. I had Pencil slobber all over his hand and pulled and twisted, but that got us no-where and fast!)
So then we:
               Soaped it up. (Lots of liquid dish soap)
               Soaked it in ice water. (Screaming child)
               Wrapped the finger with a ribbon to help reduce the swelling. (He didn't hold still very well)
               Soaped and soaked again. (Still screaming!)
BUT after all these great interventions, I was still not able to get his finger free.

SO The Doctor decided to come home from his meeting and help me out. (YAY he was just in a meeting and not actually in the ED) So he walked in, pulled hard, and it came right off.
(I guess having an MD behind your name really does make a difference!) He gave us each a kiss, jumped in his car and drove away.  (who was that be-scrubbed man?!)

I am thankful we lived to tell the tale and use our fingers another day.

3 comments:

  1. You guys just loosened it for him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Pencil does have a knack for trouble. I'm sorry it took so much work to get it off. Hopefully lesson learned, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.... that kiddo.... haha "what an adventure...."

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...