| Grapes in Kindergarten and Socks at age 2 |
These are a few random gems from days gone by. (Posted on facebook before I understood what blogging really was... because now I'm a expert...) So, yeah.
I decided to preserve them for my own memory's sake, and if you want to read them too, that's cool with me.
Mom-eese
October 23, 2007 (Grapes was 3 and sock was a baby)
And I've been thinking... a dangerous pastime, I know... and here's the deal- now that I'm a mom (ok- so I've been one for a few years now) I can't believe the words that come flying right out of my mouth. They are a mix of two kinds of surprising. 1st off- the words that should only come out of MY mother's mouth. (my siblings will probably be the only ones who understand this, but here goes:) "What an adventure!" "Did a Bonk?" "Poop on a Ritz" "Want me to holdja?" "mmm hmm mm hnms" (spoken mumbles because my mouth has a drink in it. for me it's water, not pepsi, but still....)
and slightly more disturbing are the regular old words, that seem to combine themselves into the weirdest things...
Pudding is a snack, not a toy
Can I check your bum?
I don't think fish eat that
I don't know what PBDNTQRSVI spells. Yes, I can read!
There are no star fish in your starfish shampoo. Why? because fish can't breathe in Shampoo. Why? because fish don't have lungs. Why? because they have gills. No, you don't have gills. NO we can't get you some at the store. No, not even if you are good. No- they're not too bespensive, it's just......
what am I saying??
Out of the Mouths of Babes
October 24, 2007 (in the thick of Grapsie's Dino phase. She was a mini-paleontologist with all the facts she spouted and dino-names she remembered. It was good times...)
So I try to save these up and put a whole bunch together, but I'm afraid I'll forget them if I don't write them down.
GRAPES: (overheard while she was playing) All dogs go to heaven, all dinos go to Wisconsin.
And Grapes, *Screaming*: I can use a nice voice, I AM using my nice voice!!
and then yesterday, I made dinner, but it didn't turn out to be very good (undercooked potatoes and overcooked porkchops... I tried to feed Sock his cereal and cook at the same time. it was a BAD plan) ANYWAY, as we were sitting at the table i said, "So- none of this is going into the fridge tonight." and then grapes said, "What? We have to eat it ALL?!?"
ADDED: she was laughing at Socks, and he was laughing at her, in that cute kid kind of laugh that is just so contagious... and I said, "Grapesie, you're hilarious!" and she replied, "I am, amn't I!"
She tries my patience more than anyone else in the world, but I love her so much that I think it's worth it. Her cutest new habit is to give me the thumbs up instead of saying yes. It is usually accompanied by a pleasant (?) dino growl. What a kid!
and slightly more disturbing are the regular old words, that seem to combine themselves into the weirdest things...
Pudding is a snack, not a toy
Can I check your bum?
I don't think fish eat that
I don't know what PBDNTQRSVI spells. Yes, I can read!
There are no star fish in your starfish shampoo. Why? because fish can't breathe in Shampoo. Why? because fish don't have lungs. Why? because they have gills. No, you don't have gills. NO we can't get you some at the store. No, not even if you are good. No- they're not too bespensive, it's just......
what am I saying??
Out of the Mouths of Babes
October 24, 2007 (in the thick of Grapsie's Dino phase. She was a mini-paleontologist with all the facts she spouted and dino-names she remembered. It was good times...)
So I try to save these up and put a whole bunch together, but I'm afraid I'll forget them if I don't write them down.
GRAPES: (overheard while she was playing) All dogs go to heaven, all dinos go to Wisconsin.
And Grapes, *Screaming*: I can use a nice voice, I AM using my nice voice!!
and then yesterday, I made dinner, but it didn't turn out to be very good (undercooked potatoes and overcooked porkchops... I tried to feed Sock his cereal and cook at the same time. it was a BAD plan) ANYWAY, as we were sitting at the table i said, "So- none of this is going into the fridge tonight." and then grapes said, "What? We have to eat it ALL?!?"
ADDED: she was laughing at Socks, and he was laughing at her, in that cute kid kind of laugh that is just so contagious... and I said, "Grapesie, you're hilarious!" and she replied, "I am, amn't I!"
She tries my patience more than anyone else in the world, but I love her so much that I think it's worth it. Her cutest new habit is to give me the thumbs up instead of saying yes. It is usually accompanied by a pleasant (?) dino growl. What a kid!
Thursday, January 22, 2009 (Grapes was in Kindergarten, Socks was 2)
Ok- so Grape's friend from Kindergarten had a birthday party today. They were nice enough to invite Sockie along. It was at a Holiday Inn where there is a whole indoor swimming lolla-pa-looza. I went (mostly because The (Student) Doctor is on call and it meant I didn't have to entertain 2 kids at home alone) But here's the thing. It drove me BATTY! I've decided that I hate kids birthday parties. Does this make me a grinch in mom's clothing? Maybe I'm ok with that.
BUT- the dad of the birthday girl volunteers in Grape's classroom, so he passed on some funny stories.
She was drawing a rainbow picture, and he told her it was great. She replied, "What? Did you say it was STUPENDOUS??"
Then when her took the little girls to get the birthday cake they passed the breakfast room of the Hotel. Grapes informed him that it was the "Bacon" room. He asked if she had eaten bacon in a room like that before. She replied, "No, they just bake stuff in there!" (Bakin'-- get it?)
I was rolling.
But my favorite Grapes-isms are from earlier in the week.
While we took off our boots one day she said,"Mom, did you know you are 100% loved? By me??"
I answered, "Thank you! That makes me feel good."
She looked at me for a moment, then asked, "Inside?"
Then, while she was playing ponies, she stopped and looked at me with a serious/sad face.
"Mom, I have some bad news."
"What is it , Honey??"
"We got the wrong president!"
"What? Where did you hear that? Did you talk about it in school??"
"Yeah, and that other guy won. How did he do that?"
"More people wanted him to win, But it's going to be ok, Grapes. He will do a good job."
She's near tears at this point... "I wish we could have more votes"
Here's the thing.... I really don't know where she got the idea that she wanted McCain to win, but through the whole election process she was cheering for him. I didn't think The (Student) Doctor and I had talked enough about either candidate in front of her to make an impression...who knew?
BUT- the dad of the birthday girl volunteers in Grape's classroom, so he passed on some funny stories.
She was drawing a rainbow picture, and he told her it was great. She replied, "What? Did you say it was STUPENDOUS??"
Then when her took the little girls to get the birthday cake they passed the breakfast room of the Hotel. Grapes informed him that it was the "Bacon" room. He asked if she had eaten bacon in a room like that before. She replied, "No, they just bake stuff in there!" (Bakin'-- get it?)
I was rolling.
But my favorite Grapes-isms are from earlier in the week.
While we took off our boots one day she said,"Mom, did you know you are 100% loved? By me??"
I answered, "Thank you! That makes me feel good."
She looked at me for a moment, then asked, "Inside?"
Then, while she was playing ponies, she stopped and looked at me with a serious/sad face.
"Mom, I have some bad news."
"What is it , Honey??"
"We got the wrong president!"
"What? Where did you hear that? Did you talk about it in school??"
"Yeah, and that other guy won. How did he do that?"
"More people wanted him to win, But it's going to be ok, Grapes. He will do a good job."
She's near tears at this point... "I wish we could have more votes"
Here's the thing.... I really don't know where she got the idea that she wanted McCain to win, but through the whole election process she was cheering for him. I didn't think The (Student) Doctor and I had talked enough about either candidate in front of her to make an impression...who knew?


Oh man, I loved reading through these again. You have some hilarious kids. Also, I really miss Grape's dino days. Just saying.
ReplyDelete