Monday, March 19, 2012

Luck o' the Irish

We had a fun filled St. Patty's day this year. It started with a green breakfast.

I know, green eggs look SO appealing, right?

Breakfast was interrupted slightly by an unnamed 4-year-old who did NOT want to drink green milk or eat green eggs. He was very put out that I was unwilling to make him regular ones after making the green ones. (I'm mean like that. I admit it.)

Then our own version of a magic leprechaun (the doctor) talked him into the realization that green is COOL. Green is Great. Bring on the GREEN! (I do not mean to call my husband a leprechaun. Never mind that he has Irish heritage, a red beard, loves green and GOLD, and is terrifically short..... oh wait. Only some of those were true...) He is magically delicious, though, and that's what counts!

We had a few fun discussions about leprechauns as the day progressed. Sockie decided to catch a little trickster, and then use his gold to make himself a cool belt. (A-la wonder woman?? Or Hulk Hogan, perhaps?? I didn't ask)
Grapes decided they needed to build a trap for a leprechaun, so they spent ages outside getting it just right. Then they took it down before I got a picture of it. So sorry. Just for a mental image, it included plastic gold coins, a hula hoop, legos, blankets (I'm telling you, Pencil's blankets are the perfect tool for ANY use**) and rocks. Lots of rocks, if memory serves.


Aside from our difficult-to-explain holiday (you try telling an inquisitive 2nd-grader about St. Patrick and the snakes! And then why that is a holiday now...) we've been doing lots of the regular stuff, but here are a few pictures to capture the ins and outs of it.
Eating olives

Getting ready to watch Grape's Enrichment Club play

Grapes narrates the part of Narrator 3 like a Pro!

Zurburting chairs

Posing for sock's photography

Eating popcorn (and looking a bit like Mater?)

"Fuh-got a I-scubes, Mom"

Watching Netflix


**Remember this post with the awesome bwankies? There were a few blankie time-outs for the whip experiments, but lately the magic blankies have been 'minja' hats and capes. Very cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...