Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hail to the Chief

Hail to the Chief, he's the chief and he needs hailing....

The doctor is now known at our house as The Chief. (at least until the newness of his position rubs off a little.) He will be one of the two third-year EM residents who are 'management' in their program. They are basically in charge of liaising between the other specialties, the actual hospital management, etc. and the residents they work with. (as I understand it)

It is recognition of their trust in him. It is evidence of the hard work he does and the good egg that he is. I'm proud of him. Be impressed.



Of course we went out to eat in celebration. (Famous Dave's.... BBQ!)
We ordered a GIANT platter of everything. (ribs, wings, chicken, fries, corn-on-the-cob, cornbread muffins, beans, dunkin' apples....whoa!) but Sockie refused to eat it. So he got a kids menu hamburger instead. It was SO much good food. We had left overs to bring home, and if our math serves (and I hope it does) we paid less than we would have for three kids meals and two adult meals. Sweet!

She is currently unable to smile normally for a camera. Sorry.

He refused the yu-bee-oh  I ordered for him, and demanded water instead.
THEN ate a whole hamburger AND fries. I almost died of shock!
Then when I took the picture I realized that he was actually drinking the root beer that Dad inherited.

He would not hold still for a picture. This is the best one, if you believe me.

On a random side note... 


Last weekend we also got invited by The Doctor's advising Doctor to play and have lunch. His family has been so kind to us. They give me hope that there is life- regular, happy life- after residency. They have lots of land, and dogs, and legos... it's like heaven on the other side of town.
They also have a go-cart. My husband and kids loved it!




I loved it too!! But that helmet squished my head!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...