Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Camping?

My husband is brilliant. (no really, though!)

But he had an idea that I only wish I could claim as my own. (and how tempting is that when I am the one posting this blog?!) BUT he decided that we should have a camping experience. SO we told the kids we had something fun planned, but they had to help us get ready.

First, we cleaned the whole house:
A vacuuming professional!



She vacuumed, mopped, and organized the newly vacuumed shoe closet. Wow!

Some of us helped more than others...
 Then, when the Doctor got home, he set up our tent. IN the house!! My kids were going nuts. (well, more nuts than usual, and that's saying something!) He grilled hot dogs for us and we enjoyed a perfect camping style dinner.



Then he went outside and made us a 'fire-pit' with our propane stove and some paver stones.


And we roasted marshmallows and made S'mores!

Funny story though... Right after the picture above, Sockie dropped his marshmallow.
"Oh, no! Did you loose your marshmallow?" I asked.
"No! It not wost! It wight hewe!" He pointed to the rocks at his feet.
Then his dad picked it up and threw it into the backyard brush up in the big rocks.
"Oh, NO! Muss-mewwoh!" Pencil cried and ran to find it.


We had a lovely time, telling stories (silly scary ones and just silly ones)
AND lighting puffy sugar on fire:

The lump in the foreground on the right is Pencil's head. Yeah, my photography is awesome.
 Then the kids spent the night in the tent (after much snuggling and two night lights were added) and Mom and Dad retreated to our room to pat ourselves on the back for an evening well done.

Why didn't we all sleep in the tent, you ask?? Um, my kids are crazy sleepers, and there just wasn't room. Case in point: When they woke the next morning, Grapes said that Sockie had rolled over in his sleep, grabbed a hunk of her curly hair, and snuggled it up to his cheek. She had to yank it out of his hands and roll clear over to the corner of the tent to get back to sleep herself.  That's only one reason I'm OK just sleeping in the king-sized bed in my room.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you guys are officially the coolest and cutest family ever! Thanks for figuring out all these cool things on your own so I can copy all your great ideas in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! I always wanted to do this as a kid but never got too. You guys are awesome parents! I can't wait to do this with Bradley when he's big enough to appreciate it :) Looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ssooo fun!!! and ssssoooo brilliant!! I wanna do it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...