Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Socks turns FO!


 
This little boy came into the world in a hurry.
My first contractions were at 3:30am. I didn't wake The Doctor until 5:00. We figured we had time, so he showered and then we drove Grapes to our friends' house. By the time we were dropping her off it was about 6:45, and I was FEELING it. We still had to drive to the hospital though, and it was the longest 15 mins of my life!
When we got there the sweet little old volunteer man drove my wheel chair through the very cryptic and secret long route to the elevator and up to labor and delivery on the 6th floor. I wanted to strangle him.
(*Parenthetical thought here. Arriving at the hospital at 7:00, when there is a nurse shift change, creates a smidge of issue) When they finally got around to check me, they hurried to get the anaesthesiologist. He popped in to tell me that an epidural would kick in a few minutes AFTER my baby would be born, so he wasn't going to do one.
WHAT?!?!
Yes, this baby came that fast.
I had him around 7:30-45. I don't remember exactly. They gave me some medicine to help me relax. It just made me loopy. I remember pushing. And SCREAMING. And then the mean resident (He yelled at me) sewed my small tear without numbing me. Rude.
My nurse-midwife arrived just after the baby did. I was so out of it I didn't even say anything to her. I just thought happily, "Oh! She's here now..."

But I think I earned a little respect from The Doctor that day. I remember him being a little teary when Sock was born. He kissed me and said, "You did it!"  I don't know if he thought I was up to a natural birth. (I know I didn't think I was!!) But, he came, and he is wonderful!!

This boy is funny. His face is SO expressive.
He is kind, and smart. He is fast and strong. He is a great dancer.
He is a good helper. He loves to 'read' and color. He LOVES superheroes.
Now, Cue the pictures:

 




 



Happy Both-day, Sockie!!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe my little man turns 4 today!!! Oh he just melts my heart :) Thanks for enduring a crazy quick birth to bring him here Whit! Happy Birthday Handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Socks! I love the pic of him with The Doctor with their hands on their hips:) You have such a great family dear! And WOW! WITHOUT numbing you?? You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sockie! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. That kid has more facial expressions than anyone I know- he's such a hoot! Miss and love you guys...still. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sockie is my bestest oldest grandbaby boy! the salute and montage were excellent!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...