Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dino Dayz Part 2

My apologies that this second half of Dino week has been slow in coming. Turns out we made it a Dino two-weeks. Part One Here
 We borrowed a million dino-related books/CD's from our library, and it has been so fun to talk dinos. We were also able to visit a local McDonald's that is (for some unknown reason) all dinosaur style. There are 2 life-sized statues (T-Rex and Miasaura) and footprints at the checkout and a mural on the walls. Wow. This was a big family date- the Doctor came too. It was fun to eat restaurant food and be together. I also felt a pang of accomplishment when Socks piped up out of nowhere and said, "Miasaura means good muvvo" He's learning something after all!! All the pictures of our McD's outing are on The Doctor's phone, so hopefully I'll be able to add them soon. Here are the pics from my camera.

Grapes made a cube-a-asaurus. Janice VanCleave's "Dinosaurs for Every Kid" had lots of activities and science projects. We didn't do very many, but we read about them.


We rented Disney's Dinosaur. My favorite part was all the side discussion about therapods and sauropods. And how the carna-tors should have been called carnivores. Really!



I highly recommend this book. We poured over the pages.
 It was simple and kid-friendly,
 but FULL of information and pictures.
 


We loved the stories too. These were our two faves.


There was a Dinosaur Origami book. I thought it would be fun.
It was more like diabolical torture. It was NOT kid friendly. It was not mom friendly either.
But I managed to produce one dinosaur-like object, so we'll call it a success.



 The summer plan continues with Outer Space week next.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha :) I like your dino-like object! :) You need thinner, origami paper. I learned that the hard way when trying to do it with my students. Can't wait to hear about Outer space!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...