A few days ago my husband started the kids on a silliness streak that left us all giggling.
I was at the stove, finishing dinner. The Doctor teased, "It smells like burning!" (a paraphrased Simpson's quote) but the kids thought it was HILARIOUS, so they repeated it a million times. In high voices. In low, gravelly voices. In monster voices. In crazy wiggle voices. In baby voices.
"Look what you started!" He said.
"Me?! It was you!!" I answered.
"No, it was my evil twin. Stuart." He smiled back to me. **An inside joke...In college I had an evil twin. Her name was Brittany. Whenever there was blame that needed taking, she logically was the one to take it. (or receive it by virtue of an unjust accusation when she was not actually in attendance-- and, mysteriously, she never was)
The kids stopped immediately upon hearing this information.
Yeah, He's my evil twin!"
"Hey, I want an evil twin!" Grapes caught on.
Sock wasn't far behind. "My have a evo twin too! He name Doofenpock."
Doofenpock?!?!
After a good laugh we turned to Pencil. "Do you have an evil twin, bubba?!"
"uhhh.... no"
Well, alright then.
Thank you for the laugh! I don't know what I love more... That picture of Pencil or that Sock wants his twin to be named Doofenpock..haha! Is it August yet????
ReplyDelete