If you are unaware of the phenomenon that is Angry Birds, you may want to quit reading this post before you begin. This game is more addictive than crack or meth or peanut butter.... (having only experienced the most addictive of these three substances myself, I can only assume for the other two)
The Doctor got a new phone, and this fancy I'm-smarter-than-you-ALL phone brought Angry Birds to our house. My kids already knew the love of this game. (Thanks, Uncles!)
We all have been vying for a chance to attack the selfish, smirking pigs*, but with one phone, it is a bit complicated.
My brilliant kids came up with a solution.
Angry Birds-Outside!
Grapes and Sock decorated all of our random paver stones to be all the parts of this crazy game. They play and play outside while waiting for their turn on the real thing.
| They are quite detailed |
| Click to make it bigger! |
| This morning we played. We had to use our finger to make the slingshot work, but then we had to actually scoot the paver stone over and crash the pigs. So much for imagination! |
There are 3 babies, though, so I have not done anything yet. If I did evict them, I might turn into one of those dang pigs. (Oh- how it annoys me when they chuckle at my mistakes! And I love when I can give them a black eye! This game--- it is dangerous!!)
| Pencil just likes being outside. He doesn't care about any of the birds. Angry or otherwise. |
*That is the premise of the game. The awful pigs came and stole the birds' eggs, so now the birds have to avenge their babies by sling-shot-ing themselves in order to kill the pigs. Kamikaze style. It sounds kind of horrific when it's simplified down like that....
Hahahaha....I LOVE the creativity of your kids!! I am still giggling to myself outloud at the awesome artwork and imagination of Outdoor, Self-Made Angry Birds! I can attest to the addictiveness of the game. Hopefully someday I can try your kids' version for myself :) Love you guys!!
ReplyDelete