It is one such event that I need to share today.
We are first time home owners. We love the freedoms of not renting. It has been bliss... until the other day.
Remember Pencil? Yeah- that little monkey who likes the get into trouble a million times a day. Well, he has learned how to flush the toilet. He has also learned that if something is in the toilet, it is much more interesting to flush.
A few weeks ago, something got flushed. We don't know what it was, only that it is now gone. Sadly, we fear it is only part-way gone... most likely lodged halfway into the abyss known as local sewage. We have had a few minor incidents since this 'flushing,' most of which were nothing to report. (Thankfully!! I'm still in a dither about reporting this one... potty humor and all that.... please forgive me) Until the other day....
My Sockie had been playing computer. The Doctor and I were with Pencil in the living room. We had about 15 minutes before it would be time to pick Grapes up from School. All was calm. (That should have been our first warning that something was brewing.)
Then Sockie announced that he needed help in the bafwoom. (meaning I needed to wipe his bum) I walked in to what can only be described as a lake. A murky, stinky, flowing everywhere lake. With a little boy sitting calmly atop his island. Of course, I only noticed it because I was up to my ankles in it.
"Mom, a potty stuck."
you think?!
So I did what any experienced mom would do. I screamed. ARHHHHHHHHG!
The doctor joined me (in the bathroom and in the screaming) Pencil joined us too. Only his was more panicked crying, but the sound was super.
I do not wish to be too graphic, because as stinky as this story is, the experience was stinkier. There were so many times I thought to take a picture, only to shy away... But I laughed, and I cried, and I will always remember:
4 large towels on the floor
2 gallon sized zipper bags- filled and then emptied into our other potty (a few times)
1 plastic yellow glove, accidentally flooded and then abandoned
1 blue plunger, plunged to death (like an inside out umbrella)
2 faces, splashed with sludge water
2 subsequent screams (followed by another Pencil cry)
1 25 foot long plumber's snake taking over the soggy floor(why we bought one so long I'll never be fully sure...)
1 extra mess when we discovered that Sockie's computer time had distracted him enough to result in a puddle on the computer chair and carpet
LARGE quantities of anti-bacterial 409 cleaner, sprayed pretty much everywhere and one first grader, picked up on time (mostly)
I do not wish to be too graphic, because as stinky as this story is, the experience was stinkier. There were so many times I thought to take a picture, only to shy away... But I laughed, and I cried, and I will always remember:
4 large towels on the floor
2 gallon sized zipper bags- filled and then emptied into our other potty (a few times)
1 plastic yellow glove, accidentally flooded and then abandoned
1 blue plunger, plunged to death (like an inside out umbrella)
2 faces, splashed with sludge water
2 subsequent screams (followed by another Pencil cry)
1 25 foot long plumber's snake taking over the soggy floor(why we bought one so long I'll never be fully sure...)
1 extra mess when we discovered that Sockie's computer time had distracted him enough to result in a puddle on the computer chair and carpet
LARGE quantities of anti-bacterial 409 cleaner, sprayed pretty much everywhere and one first grader, picked up on time (mostly)
as soon as we got home
2 LONG, HOT showers and multiples loads of HOT soapy laundry
Gone are the days of just calling for maintenance!
We had a fantastic General Conference weekend. We were able to listen to a prophet's voice and rededicate to following and serving in Faith. I was directed to count my blessings. This is Grapes and Sally, all dressed up and ready to listen.
2 LONG, HOT showers and multiples loads of HOT soapy laundry
Gone are the days of just calling for maintenance!
We had a fantastic General Conference weekend. We were able to listen to a prophet's voice and rededicate to following and serving in Faith. I was directed to count my blessings. This is Grapes and Sally, all dressed up and ready to listen.
Oh my goodness, what an adventure!!! I remember when my toilet flooded in my apartment up on North. But I couldn't get a hold of maintenance and yep, I remember the towels, the plunger and anti-bacterial spray-no bueno! I'm sorry guys. I hope the rest of Conference weekend was mellow and enjoyable. And can I just say that Grace looks so grown up? What happened to my darling first grader niece?!
ReplyDeleteTell Grace Sally looks adorable! She has so many beautiful outfits! And sorry about the potty...bummer man...
ReplyDeleteDid you at least get it fixed again? Toilets are lame. Who said indoor plumbing was a good thing anyway?
ReplyDelete