http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/bountiful/gallery/?page=4
It amazes me sometimes how time can trick you. Waiting with baited breath for the end of a rough week while marveling at the speed of the last year; the paradox of it is not lost on me.
It amazes me sometimes how time can trick you. Waiting with baited breath for the end of a rough week while marveling at the speed of the last year; the paradox of it is not lost on me.
Eight years ago today I was privileged to enter the House of the Lord and be married for time and all eternity to my sweetheart.
I thought I was so grown up when I got married all those years ago. I was done with college and moving on to a whole new part of life! (thought in haughty, self-accomplished tones)
Now I know I was just a baby.
That is not to say that I regret any of the choices- quite the contrary, I'm so thankful I had the courage (or naivete) to make such big, great decisions. (I'm not really a skilled maker of choices usually)
I just see now (in blessedly clear hindsight) that it was truly only a beginning. I didn't know then how much I would (or could) love this sweet boy. I didn't know what it would mean to become and live life as a mother. (Or how much MORE love would fill me through that new job)
I didn't know, but hopefully I'm learning, that every day is a new adventure.
I'll never be done, and rather than having that be something to haunt me, it is something to cherish.

Congrats my twiner to you and the good doctor:) Wishing you many more wonderful years ahead!
ReplyDeleteBecca
Happy Anniversary!!!! And way good job about posting it the day of :) I'll get to mine someday. Promise! You are guys are amazing and such an example to me, congrats!
ReplyDelete