Saturday, April 9, 2011

As on Eagle's Wings

One of the perks of working in the ED- nurses teach you the most random things. Like: There is a cool website that shows a live feed of Eagle babies.
Of course, the Doctor had to come home and share his cool new knowledge with us.

It has also been food for thought- I have been a bit worn out with the kid chasing. I've been a touch grouchy about their antics and busy natures. But seeing this eagle mom has humbled me.

Eagles are majestic, beautiful animals. They are poetry when in flight-- and yet this momma stays in her nest with these three fluffy monsters almost ALL day every day. The dad comes and goes- bringing food and help (and BLESS him for it!). God has a plan! For them, and for us!

So I need to re-learn what this eagle mom already knows. There is a time and season for all things. She will fly again. And with some hard work, and patience, she'll be flying with her beautiful babies alongside her.

Isaiah 40:31
 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.


This is the website that we can't get enough of. It is a live feed of a bald eagle family's nest. My kids have set up camp at the computer screen, they are watching, illustrating, and writing down their observations. (You'd think it was some 'assignment' the teacher in me cooked up- but I am innocent!)

Grapes drew the Eagles, Sock colored them.



Sockie, taking my picture.
Too bad it's a video camera that he can't figure out how to turn on.

Even Pencil wants to watch the birds!




We've been keeping busy with other activities too. Banana bread, library and Target trips, and this:

Yesterday my kids crated a whole town (and parade) in the kitchen.
It successfully utilized every toy available in the toy bins.
They also loved playing tornado (tomado, if you're Sock) to knock it down.

3 comments:

  1. I read live feed as in someone was eating these eagles. My first thought was, why are you letting your children watch this? Then I realized it was a live feed as in you can see what's going on right now! Call me slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that thought Whitney! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I am going to that website right now!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...