I think that is my 'short version' of spring break this year.
This is not to say that it was a bad two weeks. On the very contrary, it was a delight. I am only just surviving because of the delight of it all.
My darling mother-in-law left us on Friday of last week, and that same night, nearer to midnight that I like to recall, my (younger)younger brother and (big)little sister came to visit us for the rest of Spring Break. *Sadly, my momma and (older)younger brother couldn't come too....
I hope they had a good time. I didn't actually ask (afraid of the answer?) Mostly we did a lot of regular old, normal family stuff. I hoped the novelty of such things would translate into something new and different (possibly cool?) to those single people I share parents with.
We went to Grape's soccer tournament. She didn't win very much, but she had a good time (apart from the ball to the face that temporarily dislodged some of the blood that wished to live in her nose) No pictures... but here's
Pencil in the shin guards.
We went to church. I got to introduce my siblings and watch an interesting phenomenon. (love that word) When I introduced them, some people looked at me like: can you introduce you too?
someday we won't be the new-ish people....
We played 'just dance2' on the Wii. It is my sister's game, and she kindly brought it to share. We went a little nuts playing it. There is one song (Viva Las Vegas) that is so very fun to dance. It is silly (lassos and shooting guns, lots of cowboy shtick) and just close enough to easy that my brother and I got into a bit of a competition over it. I'm proud to say I out danced him. I almost died doing it.... but that's beside the point.
We (meaning they) came breathtakingly close to defeating Fling Smash (another Wii game) and I LOVED watching them team work and fight and conquer. (sometimes the game, sometimes each other) This kiddie game provided tons of fun for the kiddies of all sizes!
The kids also overtook the phones and had an Angry Birds tournament. Terrible addictive, that one.
We got crafty. I sewed a skirt for my sister. (no pics...) The kids colored blank babies (I don't know what they were really called...) and Kels painted her fingers oh-so-artistically.
Uncle Lon shot his Sockie gun. (way better than a Tommy gun. Duh!)
We went to the movies to see Tangled. (love the dollar theater. LOVED this movie! better late than never, eh?)
We visited cactus park. Grapes and Lon climbed giant mountains of rock. Sockie tried to pee on a cactus. (oh-- THAT is another post, people!! Suffice it to say, miracles DO happen) Pencil and Kelsey each got poked by one. My sunglasses bit the dust (Pencil bit them, and BROKE them. I'm still a little miffed.) The doctor was just cute and kind and then had to run to work. (two weeks off from his job was so delicious that sending him back was a slap to my cheeky face)
I wish I had taken more pictures. I wish they could have stayed longer. I wish, now, that I had slept more and gabbed into the night less. (no, really I don't wish that. I just wish I didn't feel tired afterward!) Ah... Spring break, come again... but lets wait till next year so I can recover.
It sounds like you guys had an awesome time!! I'm kinda jealous :) Glad things are going well, love ya!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry. It was delightful and energizing. I wish I coulda stayed longer. I definitely learned to respect the position of full time mom and decided that I am definitely not cut out for it. I would come again in a heart beat.
ReplyDelete