Monday, March 28, 2011

The Heart in My Home


I didn't get to go to church yesterday because Sock was puking. All in a day of Momhood, right?

I was feeling a bit sorry for myself that I didn't get to go spiritually recharge (as much as possible with a Pencil baby on the rampage)

The Doctor and Grapes got spruced up and out the door, and two little boys were asleep (blessed nap time!) and I had a moment of enlightenment as I washed my dishes in peace and quiet.

Churches and Temples are places were we can commune with God. But I had neglected the important fact that our homes- really every place in our lives- can and ought to be places of communion. We can invite the Lord to teach us anywhere our heart is. Even while doing dishes.

At least in our house, the kitchen is truly the center of daily life. We eat and play and hang out there. (It helps that the kitchen is open to the family room) So my thoughts went to how I need to keep this heart of my home, the kitchen, open and clear and ready for the things the Lord wants happening.

So now I'm asking: How do you keep the heart of your home? (and is your heart in the kitchen?)

1 comment:

  1. not a big kitchen fan, but i try to keep my heart open with the big3 prayer scriptures and service
    it even works most of the time love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...