Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome to the Dark Side


I like to make hot breakfast for my monkeys. #1- It is cheaper than cold cereal (because at our house we're sort-of cereal snobs and only eat the costly kind in large doses) #2- I like to tell myself it is healthier than the cold cereal. #3- It's how I grew up.

I do not claim to be a professional breakfast cooker. Sometimes the pancakes or waffles are a little too light or a little (lottle?) too dark. We call the too dark ones Darth Vader pancakes, because they are on the dark side.

So the other morning, Sock commented that his waffles were on the light side, so they were good waffles. Then he took a big bite and announced, "I'm Darth Vader!"

I laughed and reminded him that Darth Vader is the bad guy, so he's not on the light side.
"I know, Mom!" he answered with feigned patience, "That's why I'm eating the light side waffles!"


Grapes loved the idea, so she declared that she was General Grevus. (I don't know how to spell his name!) and she was eating Obi Wan Kenobi. 

The Pencil shouted. "Yeah! And I soap-a-pee-yo!"

We all stopped short and looked at him. He smiled and shoved another waffle chunk in his mouth.


So of course, when the Doctor got home, the monkeys requested a pizza-movie night to watch Star Wars. And course, he complied.

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are so funny! Who is "soap-a-pee-yo"? I don't know my Star Wars characters that well. And yay for pizza movie night, we did that on Friday :) Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you capture and record all these funny moments, especially in expanded form.
    Next question - how do you do it? :) I feel like I am forevermore behind on my blog with the big events, forget about the little everyday gems. So again, how do you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megs- We don't know who 'Soap-a-pee-yo' is. I think he meant C3P0, but knowing that monkey, he could have meant exactly what he said.

    Laura-- I keep my camera on the bar in my kitchen. I struggle to blog without pictures, so if I'm taking pictures all the time, then I am more likely to blog what I've captured. In theory I'll get better at taking pictures too. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...