Thursday, August 23, 2012

All in a Day's work


We like to eat muffins for breakfast. (Cornbread pictured here)
 I think it is because I am a glutton for punishment.
 

Pencil has recently decided that a full morning with no other kids is bo-wing. And bless him, he has also decided that is is his job to rectify that bo-wing situation.
The last few morning have been anything but boring! He took a spare muffin and artfully crumbled and sprinkled it on my newly washed couch.


While I vacuumed (ThZooped) the couch he found a marker and colored on The Doctor's gift for surviving Medical School (AKA a big old TV) Thankfully, I think it was a dry-erase marker. (and yes, I am aware of how very dirty and finger-printy the TV was...er...always is)  SO- I cleaned it.

 
While I cleaned the TV he messed with the computer. He turned the volume and bass clear up- and opened a few programs and moved a few others.


While I fixed the computer (I think...) he opened the fridge and emptied out our 1 zillion radishes (thank you Bountiful Baskets... what do you do with radishes? They are slightly yucky!)


I reloaded the fridge  (all the while wondering what I will do with those dang radishes) and that was when I realized it was time to go get Sock from Kindergarten. I spent ALL morning chasing and cleaning up after this little rabble-rouser. I was literally still in my PJ's and completely not ready. 
 
 
But as I rushed to get my shoes I saw this in the front room:


 
"You don't thzoop MoMo, Mom. He my best Bestest fwend."
 
How can I want to quit this job and then want the little moments to last a bit longer all in the same breath? How can this monkey (and his little monkey) make my heart swell to overflowing so soon after he just finished his most recent attempt to drive me stark-raving MAD?
 
I won't catalogue the events of this morning (not the opening of the garage and playing in the rain on the driveway wearing a PJ top and a diaper at 6:45 in the morning OR the climbing onto the top of the 5 foot tall toy cupboard OR the washing of my kitchen wall with the soapy dish sponge) because then you'll question my parenting skills or his sanity. Or both. And that wouldn't do.

2 comments:

  1. That kid is very very busy! If only we could find a way to swap energy levels! Good luck!! I love you!
    keep posting its my only entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief how did I not know you have a blog?! And why have I not been reading it!! YAY!! I miss you terribly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...