The school season is upon us. In fact, school started three weeks ago, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the weirdness that is two kids in school in JULY.
But now it is August, so my brain is adjusting.
My kids are growing up.
| Clifford took us to school in style that first day. |
| She is loving third grade. She just started the gifted program, and she loves it, too. |
| He is a fan of Kindergarten. It helps that his best friend is in his class. He still doesn't know how he feels about homework, though. Oh well, one thing at a time. |
So now I have hours to spend with Pencil while 'duh kids' are at school. We run errands. We 'echersize.' We play and chill, and yet both of us are at odds. He'll ask, 'whewe duh kids, mom?' and I'll look up with alarm when I realize how quiet it is. It has been three weeks, and I am still uncertain what I think.
With that said, my little two-year-old has officially become ready to be three. (At our house we refer to three-year-olds as professional two-year-olds because they are more bigger and more terrible-er) His independence level grows, and with it grows his ability and daring to commit all kinds of wreckless and mind numbing chaos. He frequently helps himself to whatever he can find in the fridge or freezer. He climbs the shelves of the pantry. He distributes the couch cushions throughout the house in order to have giant pillow fights with his siblings later. He bounces on the bare couch bottoms like an Olympic trampoline-ist. He empties his brother's drawers, because it obviously looks better that way. He loves to unmake my nicely made bed and he refuses kisses- a new blanket policy.
He also walked into the bathroom and told me he needed to go potty. I decided to humor him, so we took his diaper off, and sat him down. He then pooped and told me he was done.
What?!
This momming gig will never cease to surprise me.
P is obviously related to aunt terry who potty trained herself cuz everybody else was--at 18 months this could be a good thing!
ReplyDeleteI still cannot believe that you have TWO in school! And a big congrats to Pencil!! I hope he keeps up that trend :)
ReplyDelete