I sure love these monkeys.
I could take pictures and look at pictures for ages. This is at bedtime a few nights ago. They were happy and cooperative, and I would have been daft to pass on a chance like that to capture a memory.
I lost my contact.
A harmless statement. Go put in a new one, silly girl.
If only it were that easy.
When you are nearly blind- seriously hampered in the vision department- unable to see without help- like I am, you don't get to use those handy, disposable, replace-able contacts.
No, I use the hard, small, old-fashioned, expensive ones.
The ones that last for years and years. (Like, 8 years for this most recent pair) And it's a good thing they last that long because they cost how much?!?!
Until you blink incorrectly one day and the left one leaps precociously from your lids and vanishes into the oblivion. Like a magic trick. A dirty, rotten, mean spirited magic trick that makes you want to kick the magician.
And who knew you could blink incorrectly?!?!
But you can! And I did.
It is no surprise- I've blinked wrong before. I've lost a lens before. It's just... usually I can find it.
Like the time I lost one in the parking lot of Baskin Robin's in High School. I was sure it was gone. I knew I was most likely dead when I got home, so we went inside and ate (miserable and ice cream-- a theme in my life? another post another day) But when we exited the building a car had pulled away, and there was my contact-- smack in the middle of the parking space where the car had been. I cleaned it really well, and it was as good as new.
Or the day I got married. When I hugged my husband's sweet little Grandma my contact again launched from my eye-ball and I was unable to drop to the ground to find it. (that poufy dress was not practical for things like that) so my mom and new husband were scouring the floors while I tried to explain what was happening to his confused Grandma.
But I've looked everywhere for this one. I swept and wiped the floors. Did a full body pat-down, and another whole counter/floor search. That stinking piece of worth-its-weight-in-gold plastic does not want to be found.
Without it, how will I see the things I want to see?
My kids with new haircuts
SO I guess I'll be making an eye doctor appointment this week.
Too bad The Doctor isn't that kind of doctor.
oh man! i hate loosing things when it doesnt even makes sense where they have gone. i can handle it if i realize i forgot to take the sippy cup out of the hotel refrigerator before we left. what i cant handle is where the library's thomas the tank engine DVD went when we only have one DVD player in the house. mysteries suck.
ReplyDeleteFor real!!
DeleteI'm so sorry you lost your contact! Stinkers!! Maybe Pencil ate it? Or put it in the toilet to see if it would float? It's nice to have the internet and time to sit down and really read your blog again and comment. I miss you guys like crazy! Thanks for all the updates :)
ReplyDelete