Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Setting the story straight

SOMEDAY is lurking in my mind again. As big decisions about our future loom on the not so distant horizon, I am pondering what I wish for. What do I want next? I find that I am excellent at making a 'someday list' in the hopes of reaching a day when The Doctor works less and makes more. (Perhaps it keeps me going on the hard days) But I find it far more difficult to turn that silly, selfish list into practical decision making skills when the time comes to actually plan for our family's future. The Doctor finishes his residency in a matter of months. Before now, there was always a 'next step' to move on to. (After under-grad you go to med school, then after med school you have to finish residency) But now it is different.  The Doctor could choose a fellowship (more residency, essentially) or he could look for a job. In any Emergency Room in the country. What?!?!
 
What do I wish for?
 
 
Grapes told me she wishes she had straight hair. So a few mornings ago, we gave it a try. She was ecstatic. I may have created a monster.

 


Pencil wishes that eating chalk tasted better. Every time he does it.




The Doctor wishes the tiny leak under our kitchen sink had not necessitated a complete replacement of the faucet. Good thing my husband is good at styling himself as a plumber.




 Sock wishes that I had taken some pictures of him this week. (how do I have a zillion pics and none of my middle child?! Tell me that is normal. No- just tell me to do better. Shoot!)




In other news:
The Doctor has again aged.
My children wrapped and decorated. (What? Not everyone has power rangers and 5 pound weights at their birthday celebrations?)



 He need a little help opening his gifts.
Then he needed a wrapping paper-turned confetti -turned cool party hat extravaganza.
Of course the monkeys obliged.
Happy Birthday, sweet guy. We love you!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh, Pencil! He just kills me every time. Whit, you have such a way with writing! I'm SO jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are taking suggestions, may I suggest an ER in the East Bay (particularly Concord)? We could carpool every day. With or without the kiddos. :) Good luck with these big decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grapes looks like a blonde Megs with straight hair... she getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...