Sunday, May 8, 2011

Momma

Yes- that's me, blowing my nose in the background. This is evidence of my
love for my Madre- I've sacrificed my own dignity to post the only recent pic I have of her.
Today is the day to remember the blessing that is a Momma. (I usually call my maternal unit "Mom" unless I'm sick or sad or generally whiney. Then it's Momma--- I realize now that she probably dreads hearing Momma out of my mouth... Sorry, Mom.)

I'm so thankful for my Momma. She is hard working (back in school and good grades too!) she is funny. (sometimes to my utter embarrassment. My friends would come over and just talk to her! Oh- the trial it is to have a cool mom!) She is smart. It seems like no matter what you are talking about she knows something (and usually more than just a little something) She is serving and selfless. I can think of so many times and things that she made happen for her kids at the sacrifice of something else for her.

You are GREAT, Mom! I love you and I'm very thankful the Lord let me be yours.



Also I want to acknowledge all the other women/mothers who are so wonderful.
Thank you, Jen, for raising such a good son, and for letting me marry him.
Thank you to Grandma Ida and Nanny, for being wonderful Moms, Grandmas, and Great-Grandmas to us ALL.
Thank you to my sister and sisters-in-law for loving and teaching my kids with your mother-hearts.
We LOVE you all!!

3 comments:

  1. thanks whitney Your're a great mommma too! i love and miss you guys !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaawww AMEN! Aren't we the luckiest! Too bad I didn't think of doing a mom post first! and I'mm glad to hear you think I have a Mom heart. Sometimes I wonder if it would be good for me to have kids... HAHAHA just kidding! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day!
    The pattern for the shirt you asked about was Simplicity 4076. I love this pattern and have used it many times with all of the the variations now. Just a tip, it runs a little short in the torso. For modesty's sake, I always add 3-4 inches at the bottom. Also, I usually add about an inch of length to the cap sleeve for modesty as well--otherwise things show that shouldn't! Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...