![]() |
| Do you see this beauty of a bed? I'm kind-of in love. Picture from Ana White's Knock off Wood (see my side bar) |
![]() |
| Picture from Target.com (I don't love this bedding, so much as any beautiful bedding that has a complete room to go with it) |
I am dreaming of a beautiful, intentionally decorated house. Or, master bedroom at least. I love our house, but after a year in it, we still appear to have recently moved in. I don't want to complain- we have SO much. Why does my silly brain think our SO much isn't enough??
I'm finding that I am falling victim to the natural human tendency-- we wish away today with our plans for tomorrow. If only.... When this, then that....
( I am also humming a song from Enchanted... it's an addictive movie)
I'm finding that I am falling victim to the natural human tendency-- we wish away today with our plans for tomorrow. If only.... When this, then that....
( I am also humming a song from Enchanted... it's an addictive movie)
I think I am guilty of coveting stuff. Stupid stuff. That's a violation of Commandment #10. Trust me, I know. I'm sharing with you in attempts not to violate #9. (See below)
We had some good home teachers back in the day that taught my siblings and I how to remember the 10 commandments. (I wonder if the brothers and sister remember?)
Think like this:
1- Sun There is ONE sun, and ONE God.
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2-??? ARG! I can't remember #2!
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
4-Door There is a hole in your door to look through, so it is holey. (Holy)
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5-Alive If you want to stay alive you will honor your father and mother.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother.
6- Sticks If you hit people with sticks, they could die.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7-Heaven If you want to go to heaven, do not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8- Gate A gate can be made of steel (steal).
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9-Sign Signs lie.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10-Tent A tent is a cover. Cover-Covet.
10. Thou shalt not covet.
(Found in Exodus 20:1-17, and also in Deuteronomy 5:6-21)
With a little practice, you, too, can feel the guilt of which specific commandment you are violating, each and every day!
See! #10- it's gunning for me!


Maybe we can work on #10 together. We also are richly blessed and yet I secretly (not so secretly) want matching living room furniture that isn't hard to get out of and maybe a coordinated master bedroom as well. All in due time I suppose. I don't think it's bad to want to feel peaceful in your home, it just teaches us patience and the importance of other things as we work and save for those dreams.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed this post. I don't know too many woman who aren't, at some point, guilty of that. Maybe we could try the hippy/indie look and fill homes with lots of different random-looking things... that way our mismatching stuff will look purposeful. Yep, that's what I'm going to do :)
ReplyDeleteoh i KNOW. perfectly. exactly. my personal internal conflict each day I look at our out-dated light fixtures, but then pass the trailer park on the way to school. etc. anyways, we'd have some excellent talks if ever we could get together. I relate so closely to so much you express on your blog. you should know you are awesome, though. sending my love!!
ReplyDeleteHAHA I giggled a lot! Not cuz you are coveting I have the same problem! but because of the silly things to remember. I didn't remember them as well as you but i DO remember learning them with Bro. Millar right? I dont blame you! I love that bed! and I love you!
ReplyDeleteI remember something about Facetious doors, not so much about 10 commandments, maybe thats just me though.
ReplyDelete