Monday, May 23, 2011

Visit Lemon Mountain

There is a place, rumored to be like shangri-la. It is cooler in the summer, and actually gets snow in the winter. It is the place to run away to.
It is called Mt. Lemon.
We had never been there, until a few days ago. Let me tell you this:
It is a long, winding drive, straight up a mountain.
(I know, it shouldn't be such a revelation, but humor me)
It has trees! Like, real trees, not pokey cactus things.
It was aprox. 25 degrees cooler in that place.

There are places to run and play, and camp grounds and a pizza place. (There is rumor of a devine cookie/hot chalocket place too, but we didn't see that)
There is a ski lift too, but I hesitate to take my wigglers on that kind of a ride quite yet.(plus $9 a person! REALLY?!?!)
I think we'll go again... maybe.


Grapes the beaver. Sock the pointer.

genuine sticks.


Tired monkey.


I thought he didn't want to be in the car seat. Then he puked.
I think he was car sick, or just plain sick. sad day. 

*Random side note: What is blog-world etiquette as far as following is concerned? Should you officially 'follow' every blog you like to read? Should you comment? (should you comment frequently?) I confess to reading often and commenting rarely. Please tell me what you know. I didn't know who else to ask....

2 comments:

  1. Lemon Mountain looks amazing! I'm glad there is a little oasis to cool off out there. I'm sorry about your puking kiddo too :(

    As for blog ettiquette, I'm so not the person to ask, I comment on family and some close friends and then I totally stalk other distant friends that I'm not sure they know about...so....if you find the answer, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typically follow blogs so I can keep track of where they are located on my own page and can find it again. As far as commenting, I comment when I have something to say that relates to the blog. I comment every so often.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...