Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Making Progress

And we are claiming success in the fully-using-a-toilet-the-way-it-was-intended saga.
All three of my children are big kids. I have not purchased diapers in weeks. WEEKS. 
I may be suffering from a new identity crisis.


 He does still 'forget' to put his pants back on, and washing his hands makes more of a mess, not less......
But it is progress.




We have begun decorating for Halloween. We've also begun the debate about costumes.
To match as a family again or not? Remember?  And IF so, which theme to pick?




We have Fall break this week as well, so my kids are free from school and its oppressive early wake-up times. (Says the kids who still get up at 6:30 without an alarm)
But these dear ones have figured out how to get breakfast and entertain themselves while mom sleeps a little more each morning. It is honestly dreamy.
This morning, however, I got up to document their self-sufficient-ness.

 Mom, I need some brownies.

 Ok, I'll smile for the camera.

 Look at this!

 And this too, Mom!

Ok, really, though, I'm hungry. 

 Grapes, making scrambled egg and tortilla roll-ups. Sock, getting his standard cereal with milk on the side.



I am so proud of the people they are becoming. It is odd though, to see the end picture... one day they will grow up and take care of themselves. In essence, putting me out of a job. Guess I better do it right while the job is mine. 

1 comment:

  1. It goes by really fast! People my age always say that to people your age, which is lame, but true.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...