Monday, October 21, 2013

Sea side in Seattle

Sometimes a Mommy needs to run away and figuratively join the circus.
I am a firm believer in the magic of absence making the heart fonder and the mind clearer.
Last week I left my adored monkeys in the capable hands of my dear sister, and I ran away.
 I got to tag along while my husband went to Seattle for an Emergency Medicine conference.

I did not attend that conference. I'm not one for lectures about airways and eye injuries.
Instead I high-tailed it to my sister-in-law's house
 to see my only nephew and one of my dearest friends, his Momma.

OH- that face!!

Little B and I spent some quality time becoming fast friends. 
Not just anyone listens while I read Piggie and Gerald OR calls me 'Win-tee"







Not to be out-done, His momma, our dear Maymay, baked. 
Pumpkin, homemade caramel, pecan cake of richness. BAKED. 
Also, she took me to Target. This girl, she knows the way to my heart. 


We full-on touristed at the Space needle, and ate Pike's Place chowder with reckless abandon.







This is the mini-bread bowl sampler of chowder. Yeah.


Oh, Seattle. It was a short, sweet trip. And you better believe we'll be back!


3 comments:

  1. It was AWESOME to have you here and thanks for posting cute pics of my boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'm about a half hour south of Seattle :) Would love to see you next time you come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I agree about the occasional get-away

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...