She is a delight to be with and a wonderful friend in addition to being a relation.
Playing "Mom"
- Oh hey! Sister, Auntie, and pseudo "mom" here!
Whit asked me to write as a guest blogger to describe my adventures with her monkeys while she and the doctor were away.
I just want to start by saying I am one proud aunt and sister! Aren't I lucky to call the Whitings my family?!? I just love them! Any time I visit and spend time with them I feel pretty good about life. My problems seem so small and my blessing seem so big when I'm there. They have that effect on you, let me tell you.
Any who, Grapes, Socks, and Pencil are the best kiddos. If you ask me, we had a blast!
I'll be honest, I had my doubts about my ability to be "mom" but they made the job easy!
Here are some of the highlights: Each night they took turns opening an envelope that explained an Auntie Activity(for bribery purposes, of course). Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of our final results of any of the activities... Shoot! In fact, it seems as though Grapes and Sock didn't make it in any of the few pictures I took. I'm not so good at the picture thing.
Sunday night was a leaf "fossil" (coloring over a leave under a piece of paper then water color paint on top to make it stand out).
Monday was a little more eventful. We woke up early because some of us we very nervous we wouldn't wake up on time. I'll give you a hint, the "some of us" wasn't me. I was ready and mentally prepared for the task at hand. Or so I thought. I made pumpkin muffins while Grapes and Socks got ready. AFTER we all snarfed said muffins, I realized they were PUMPKIN-LESS pumpkin muffins. oops! After the kids were off to school Spencer played and played. we went outside where he spent a good half hour running back and forth ducking between my legs. Then suddenly he spread his legs wide and announced, "Your turn!" I tried to convince him I wouldn't fit, but he wouldn't have it. Slowly but surely I army crawled under his legs while he cheered me on. For Auntie Activity we blew blobs of paint with straws, slapped some fun google eyes on them and made monsters.
Monday was a little more eventful. We woke up early because some of us we very nervous we wouldn't wake up on time. I'll give you a hint, the "some of us" wasn't me. I was ready and mentally prepared for the task at hand. Or so I thought. I made pumpkin muffins while Grapes and Socks got ready. AFTER we all snarfed said muffins, I realized they were PUMPKIN-LESS pumpkin muffins. oops! After the kids were off to school Spencer played and played. we went outside where he spent a good half hour running back and forth ducking between my legs. Then suddenly he spread his legs wide and announced, "Your turn!" I tried to convince him I wouldn't fit, but he wouldn't have it. Slowly but surely I army crawled under his legs while he cheered me on. For Auntie Activity we blew blobs of paint with straws, slapped some fun google eyes on them and made monsters.
Tuesday was smoother. Nothing too crazy. Auntie Activity was skeletons made of q-tips.
Thursday, the last day of being "mom", Pencil and I went to Walmart and spent lots of time looking over and over the toys. On the way home, I gave him some chocolate to munch on. Inexperience reared its ugly head when we arrived at the house and I went to unbuckle him. I laughed for a good minute before I took a picture and cleaned him up. He had chocolate every where!!! Before Auntie Activity, we hurried and cleaned and cleaned to get the house ready for when mom and dad got home. They opened the envelope to see it was dinner at McDonalds and a movie! They were so good and helpful while I ordered in the very dirty McDonalds with the less than friendly staff. We munched our dinners after I asked for them to clean the table. Afterwords we stopped at Redbox and picked up "Epic". We watched until mom and Dad arrived later that evening.
One of the days, I can't remember which, Spencer told me I ruined our fun when I put away the puzzles. Then, when I wouldn't give him another cookie, he told me I ruined his best friends day. Another day he was rolling around the floor yelling "woofty-doo, woofty-doo" I wish I would have written down all the funny things he said because I was constantly laughing.
All in all, we survived! I had a blast doing it! Like I said, they are the best monkeys.




Sorry I missed all the fun! But it makes me tired just to think about it !
ReplyDelete