Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Knock your Socks off

This is an old picture (from his 4th birthday... It's just so cute with the
 snitched frosting on his chin and the grin a mile wide!) 

Socks has the funniest little personality. He has had me in stitches as of late.


Scenario #1:  He's in time out for injuring his little brother. It used to be that when he finished time out I would repeat the rule that had been broken as a review/reminder for next time. So in theory I would have said, "Ok, Sockie. You are done with time out. And remember. NO hitting."
He has become too smart for his own good, however, and by this day it had evolved into this:
"Ok, Sockie, you are done with time out. Remember. NO hitting, pinching, punching, slapping, pulling, twisting, bonking, smacking, or general hurting."
"You forgot kicking, Mom."
"And no kicking. Thanks, Son."


We also have plans to go visit the Doctor in Show Low, Arizona this weekend.*

Scenario #2: When I asked the kids what they wanted to do while we were visiting the 'cabin' Grapes suggested hiking or playing games. Sock said, "Wet's hunt a amilows! Mom, you know amilows awe made of MEAT? and Meat is FOOD!" The food part was said while his face was directly in front of mine and his blue eyes were as big as saucers in his excitement. So now you know. Amilows awe made of meat.


*This month is the "rural rotation" that gives the Doctor added experience in a country ER. He is learning lots and enjoying the mountain, country air. (he even said he could picture living in Show Low permanently...) He seems to be gaining from the experience.

But I am not sure I'm in love with this rotation. I have actually tried to be strong and not grouch about it on the blog before now. (I'm telling myself that this is upbeat enough to not count as grouching)  He has been gone for days and days (granted, he comes home on weekends) but It's been a challenge for me. I have learned that I'm not as independent as I may have hoped. I have learned that sleep is my arch nemesis. I crave it. I always want more of it. BUT- when the evening comes I can't actually go to sleep. Midnight comes and goes, and I'm still awake. It's sort of killing me slowly.
Any ideas, thoughts or prayers will be greatly appreciated and warmly received.  It's just two more weeks, right?

1 comment:

  1. I too have known the mistress that is isomnia. The best way I have found is to not lay down for bed until you feel tired. it might sound crazy, but then you avoid the crazy stressness that is laying in bed counting down time that you are missing sleep. Grab a book, watch TV or just do something til you feel tired, and then hit the hay!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...