I am posting a zillion photos of our whirlwind trip. I know that many of you regulars were actually there and may be in some of the pictures, but humor me.
(I taught Grapes that phrase. I'm trying to convince her that she can do the things I ask, even if she thinks it is a dumb idea. It's called humoring mom.... it's not a popular strategy yet, but my fingers are crossed)
Socks has had me rolling lately. He is sharing more of his thoughts, and I am often truly entertained by how he thinks. When we were in our delightful Kanab, Utah hotel on the road trip back to AZ the monkeys were bouncing on the bed. I told them they better stop or they might fall and break an arm. Sockie then said, "O, bum! He bweak a bum and have a big cwack!"
Pencil had a word explosion while we were away, and I am still trying to log all the things he says and
talks about now. Among my favorites; Bigh-je-bob (sponge bob), pwee (please!), ah-dun (all done), and he sings the spider-man theme song. (I-O-ma!)
Ok-- So, pictures in no particular order:
 |
| Pencil and I-O-Ma at the Nicklecade. Grammy spent a long time with him here. |
 |
Socks won a ton of tickets, and was giddy about it! He also loved the 'game' that
let you win candy instead of tickets. SO many nickles, how many future cavities? |
 |
| My kids are actually really good travelers. Having the DVD player didn't hurt any one's feelings either... |
 |
| Visiting Aunt Kelsey's classroom. |
 |
We went to the park and met up with some friends with WI.
This was the only picture that was clear enough to post. |
 |
| We loved the penguins at the Aquarium. |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa have a huge GREEN backyard area and we loved playing there. Balls, scooters, frisbees... |
 |
| We swam at the pool of the hotel the first night. We had so much fun! |
 |
| Inside Grandma's china hutch. Thankfully no china or glass doors were harmed in this visit. |
 |
| Visiting Aunt Amanda's classroom. Someone *eh hem* hogged the smart board the whole time! |
 |
| With Uncle Jared |
 |
| With exceedingly handsome Papa |
 |
| With Uncle Tyler |
 |
Some super sweet spider-man blinking light glasses. SO cool.
(Pencil actually had a melt-down that night because I didn't let him take the glasses to bed with him. After a few wake-ups with frantic tears I figured it out and he slept in peace the rest of the night. Sheesh!) |
 |
| "Mom! Don't take pictures of me!" |
Good times! Your kids sure are cute. By the way, your parents' enormous green, well-kept lawn is inspiring!
ReplyDeleteHow's residency going? Is it harder or easier than you thought? Say hi to Steve from John!