Friday, September 30, 2011

Butta


Someday I hope to qualify for a translator's license.
Which language?
I wish I knew.
 Pencil's speech is approaching English now, but there are still days when
ALL I can do is stare at him and hope that his next repetition will make sense.


Case in point: I sing a song to him before putting him to bed.
It used to be 'gugle' (twinkle twinkle little star)
Then his preference was 'toe-bots' (the Transformer's theme song)
But today he asked for 'Butta' at nap time.
butta??

So I started about 7 different songs. When I finally got to
'Row Row Row Your Boat' he settled down.
I was thankful for finding a substitute for whatever song he had requested.

Then I got to the last line. Life is butta dream.
He sang it with me.
Butta dream.

The picture above is him in his 'Baby Burrito'
We sing the baby burrito song (to the tune of Rafi's Baby Beluga)
Mom: Baby Burri-
Pencil: Toe!
Mom: Baby Burri-
Pencil: Toe!
Mom: I Love
Pencil: You! (usually in a growly, semi-demonic voice,
but I'm not so picky that I won't take it!)

He's a cute singer.
Life is but a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...