And I realized that I am again falling into one of my worst habits. Being that kind of person.
I think we all have an idea about that kind of person... the one we don't want to be. I thought I might catalogue all the traits I wish I didn't possess or catalogue the traits I aspire to as seen in the magnificent people I know and love... (you know who you are. Please tell me you know who you are. I cannot possibly name each person and their many goodnesses, for I would inevitably neglect to mention one of you and thereby break my own heart) But it is by your good influences that I have come to the epiphany of the day.
If I want to change, in order to be more like the steady, trustworthy, loyal, dogged, and selfless people who seem to have surrounded me through my life, (is the Lord sending me a message?) I must choose to see what they see. I must have an attitude of Gratitude.
Psst, Whit. You're a few months late.
I know. I know. . . . BUT- I think this month I will put more effort into being thankful. (next month? who knows...)
Today, I am thankful for my Husby.
![]() |
| In Sun Valley, Idaho summer 2005 |
He is dedicated and a hard worker. Not just anyone can graduate from Medical School. I am convinced they try to bludgeon any scraps of sanity out of the students there, with the volume of workload alone. He emerged victorious! I feel cool to just know him.
| Last May |
He is funny. and fashionable.
![]() |
| Our Engagement Pics |
| Doctor Socks... and my sandals. The holey toe is my favorite part. |
He is cute.
![]() |
| That dimple there- it's a heart stopper. |
He is my favorite.
The Lord truly blessed me more than I can ever hope to be justly worthy of when this boy came into my life almost 12 years ago.
![]() |
| Spring of 2000 when we were BYU buddies |




I'm so sorry about your migraine Whit! But I am completely thrilled by this post. I loved seeing all the photos of you and The Doctor. So many of your words hit home with me today. I'll work on an attitude of gratitude with ya :)
ReplyDelete