Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Come what may... and Love it

So recently I've had to give myself a little pep-talk about enjoying the journey. My goal has been to find more moments of joy in the 'mundane' things that in all reality won't last and are so precious when viewed as part of the big picture. Remarkably, when I strive to see the moments and really choose to feel the joy, the moments seem to multiply and my heart is filled. Blessings from Heaven. Tender Mercies!




We had a Family Home Evening about the First Article of Faith, and I made sugar cookies for us to share afterwards. The kids did so well memorizing! But the obvious highlight was the fact that our new oven has a light so we can watch the cookies cooking. Oh! the joy!






Pencil is growing up by leaps and bounds. While part of me is so sad to see my baby go, I love this stage. The little personality of this monkey is coming more to the forefront. He does not like carrots. His magic tongue will sort them out of the mix of veggies/food, and he pops them right back out. He likes feeding himself. He loves making a mess. He's such a sweetheart and I'm so thankful that we have him in our family.











Today a friend from church (I'm getting some! slowly...) brought some brownies over. Sockie begged and begged for one. After he ate his mack-ee-cheese he devoured a brownie with me.

Our conversation was as follows:
S: Mmmm, Mom. A bow-nee farkles.
M: sparkles? Your brownie sparkles?
S: yep. A farkles make a LIVE
M: Alive? the brownie makes you feel alive?
S: Mmmmm, yep! and make a bad duys dead. Bow-nee farkles! Mmmmmm.....

Love that kid!


We also took the boys to their check-up. Sockie is 37 lbs (84th percentile) and 63rd percentile in height. Pencil is up to 23 lbs (75th) and 28.8 inches tall (49th) Growing well! More Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so true how easily we can let the little things (but yet so treasured) pass us by? Love this post Whit! And I always love pictures. Guess I'll have to eat a brownie so I can sparkle and feel alive :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...