Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Doctor's Birthday

Happy Birthday to the Doctor! It's kind of a big one this year (whispered...30) We celebrated today (Sunday) because he has to work until after bedtime tomorrow. We had a FANTASTIC dinner. Grilled burgers, spinach salad, baked beans, and watermelon. Mmmmmm....
Then we had birthday pie. (Golden peach pie. It is the exact flavor of a perfect summer day!) Too bad the crust and I had a minor (ok, MAJOR) fight in the process of making this pie. It's not a pretty pie. Thankfully, it is a tasty one.




I think he liked his presents. New shirts, a movie (Cloverfield--- a scary one. good thing it's for HIS birthday!)


And as an homage to (or ultimate cheat from) my mother-in-law, a pie a month for the next 12 months. (This is what she gave her husband for his last birthday or Christmas.... and I stole it.) But after this last pie experience, I may just need it for practice's sake. Here's hoping next September turns out a pie that LOOKS as good as it tastes!

Love you, Babe! You make 30 look good!

1 comment:

  1. So p.s. your pie looks beautiful and whatever battle (possibly war) you had with the crust-your picture doesn't show it :) So let me know when pie day is at your house and I'll be there at least once a month to help taste-test. Sounds like it was a fun birthday celebration. Much Loves!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...