The kids have been playing dress up a lot lately. Grapes dressed Pencil up in a toga and started calling him Zeus. He loved the attention and she loved having a 'life size' doll.
Grapes and Sock also decided to play snow dress-up. My favorite is Scottie's Santa hat over the hoodie. And the fact that it was 103 that day. But if they're happy, I'm happy.
Pencil is growing like mad. He is SO close to walking. He stands confidently, and gets where ever he wants to be. (usually in the way) He also has more teeth. His top two are growing and the bottom two are on their way in.
Sockie also had me rolling the other day when I made his lunch. I placed the peanut butter sandwich in front of him, and with a little punch in the air he replied, "Boo-yeah, Mom!"
You're welcome, son. :)
Things are hinting at cooling down here. There are occasional breezes, and the weather stays in the 90's most days. I'm missing the mid-west Autumns.... but that's to be expected.
The crickets are driving us (and by us I mostly mean The Doctor) crazy. They sneak into our house and hide until dark. Then they chirp and chirp and chirp. They hide behind cabinets and underneath furniture. They're quick and hard to kill. (trust me!) And he gets a little crazy and uses anything he can get his hand on to try to kill them. Like a towel, or a pillow, or my arm if he could reach it. I tease him about it, but he DOES get a little bent out of shape (about the crickets, not the teasing) It makes me giggle.
We love your kids...nice job mom!!
ReplyDelete