(I know... shocker!)
It was a day when the living room and family room were coated evenly with a think layer of toys and general childhood rubble. The dishes were also staging a revolt and crowding every surface of the kitchen. (sorry, no pictures...)
Pencil had been through FOUR complete changes of clothes for various messes. (including a mud puddle incident at the park)
Grapes and Sock had been having screaming matches. (match-S plural!)
I had been trying to complete some paint. (Painting takes forever!)
And then, after dinner, Pencil decided to show off his new-found talent.
Gigantic Man-burps on demand. I know you know the kind. I'm not a fan, but my bigger kids think it is hilarious. And so it continues...
But that night, he was good enough to accidentally puke while man-burping.
"Ooops," He said as he walked away, "Puke bope that time."
And so, as I knelt to scrub my carpet, with fresh tears in my eyes, I decided having Dad away stinks.
ALSO
I saw that my little boy had, some time in the recent past,
also located a marker and decorated my kitchen bins.
That was when I decided it was time to be done.
We all just climbed into bed with a vow to try again in the morning.
Two weeks left, people. Two whole weeks.
Oh Whitney, I'm so sorry. You guys are in our prayers everyday. We'll pray harder. I hope things start to get a little better. Hopefully no screaming matches for a whole day and no puking. You are most definitely in my thoughts. Sending so much love your way (wish it helped with the whole missing Dad thing).
ReplyDeleteYay, no Dad around does stink! Hang in there. If crisis arises I can be there in 2 days! Love all of you!
ReplyDelete