Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Put it on Ice

I have been quick to complain as of late.
Today, instead of grouching, I am choosing to see that life is hard, because it is meant to be hard, and it is in the living of it, after all.
So my complaints and grouches (mostly the under breath variety about kids who don't listen and schedules that don't cooperate) are all being put on ice.

Apropos because we have begun the adventure known as skating lessons. (yes, in Southern Arizona.... maybe not our most economical choice, but one that makes my little big girl happy)
She spent a fair share of that first hour learning how to fall and get up again, but she did it all with a smile on her face. By then end of her hour she had crossed the down the middle of the rink with no helps and loved every minute of it.




I debate ending the post here. Happy Grapes, and successful skating trip.

But in order to document the days of our lives, I must also include record of the 5 Day Virus that is mercilessly, ruthlessly, meticulously working its way though our family. Socks got it first. There is a hacking cough, and miserable fever that lasts for 5 days, and there is little you can do about it.
On Sock's 5th day Pencil began to show the same symptoms. Predictably, his 5th day was Grapes' first. That was 2 days ago.  Lots of movies and comfort foods later, I am dreading the next few days.... Will it be my turn next?

Also, there are a few more incidents to add to the Pencil files... I have decided to photograph them and document them so that I can look back (someday) and laugh and admire how much I lived through with him. OR blackmail him. OR both....


Monkey in the dryer




The entire contents of a box of dishwasher detergent.
(minus 2 or 3 loads and a giant pile on the kitchen table)

1 comment:

  1. Grapes looks great!! I love her skating, hopefully video next time ;) And as for the sickies...I just hope your super mom powers kick in and you don't get it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...