Today Pencil found three pennies.
He was walking around for about 30 minutes talking about his moneys.
Then he came to me and said, "Money innit"
He walked over to the TV stand and sat down with his shoulders drooped like he does in time out. His face was sad... or guilty.
I immediately thought of the Wii. Two of the moneys were on the rug, but I was sure the missing penny had been inserted into the Wii disc slot. (It would not be the first time...)
I unplugged the whole Wii console and set it aside for when the Doctor could come home and surger it. (again.)
When Grapes got home from school, she shouted from her bedroom, "What exploded in here?"
I was afraid Pencil had gotten into one of her many collections and spread them all over her room, so I went back to clean up with her.
Instead of a scattering of Littlest Pet Shop toys, I found this:
The charred penny had two bright silver spots on the edges- spots that conveniently lined up with the prongs on the back of Grape's night light.
Today we are feeling blessed that the Littlest Monkey is not crispy and the house is not burned down.
Heaven help us, I guess the Wii is ok. (for today)
One Word- Scary!
ReplyDeleteUmmmmm... this is insane!! So, so glad everyone is ok. Just reading your last two posts about this kiddo makes me feel weary ;). You are one amazing mum! You will have to teach me all your ways when the day comes for me. Sending lots of love your way!
ReplyDeleteOh man!! I'm so glad baby and house and everyone else is okay. How's your heart? I wish I could come and take him off your hands for even a few hours and give you a break. What a kid! I hope this week gets better :)
ReplyDelete