Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mommy Madness!

I apologise in advance if this post seems rushed and less than fully thought out. I'm posting in order not to strangle one of my children.

No- it's not the six-year-old who used sidewalk chalk to 'decorate' our back yard brick wall. (I think it'll wash off, so not a big worry) AND, it is sort-of cute....




















No- not the 11-month-old who has discovered that he can get into all the baskets of STUFF near my fridge. This sight is pretty much permanent at our house right now, regardless of how many times or WHO has cleaned it up. (although, points to Grapes for doing it repeatedly!)

















No-- I'm trying not to kill the THREE-YEAR-OLD today. Yes, that's him looking all cute in his 'unner-pants' Don't be fooled.


We are trying to potty train this one. (and by WE, I mean, ME. He's not even trying!) So we've had juice and straws and promises of cookies all morning. He's been SO excited to wear his unner-pants. But there's been NOTHING in the way of results. He held it like a champ!
Wait? HELD? past tense? Oh, wait for it.
I turned my back for one second. ONE second. Then I heard a bump. When I turned back to look into the kitchen he was standing with one foot on the counter and one on the bar. He was straddling the uncarved pumpkin (we're getting to it...hopefully before Halloween) and he had a look of guilt on his face.

Silly me, I assumed he was appropriately abashed for being on the counter. I reached to lift him down and finally saw Pencil standing next to the dining room chair that helped Sockie get up. Only, Pencil is wet. Like, dripping wet.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen... Sock waited until he was standing over the pumpkin and his brother to finally pee. And pee he did. I didn't actually measure, but a 2 quart of kool-aid made less mess than this.
SERIOUSLY?

Momming is not for the faint of heart.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Whitney. I'm sorry! I'm sending good vibes and wishing you the BEST of luck!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Whit!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this story. I'm so sorry things are not going well with this potty-training business. I hope it gets better quickly. If you need a break, send him my way. Much love and good luck being sent your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That may be the best potty training story ever. Or the worst. Maybe both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing, but I know you must have felt like crying/screaming. You will probably have many more "hilarious" moments in the future as you finish training Scottie and then eventually Spencer. Boys can be a handful. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...