Hello again... did you miss me? I missed me!
It's hard to know what to blog or where to begin when there's so much to cover. And there is so much I've missed! That's my new observation about blogging-- it's intimidating to pick what to share. (oh wait, i haven't shared my old observations?!?) sorry. Another day I suppose... because today is about our vacation!
Grapes's school is on a modified year-round schedule. That means we had three weeks of vacation time at the end of September and the beginning of October. Let me tell you- It was like summer break... minus some of the actual summer. AND the best part-- the Doctor actually had two weeks of break in there, so he was able to be with us for most of the fun! So what did we do? We took a trip to Utah to visit so many of the people we know and love.
Aunt Kelsey came to help me drive with the kids at first, and then The Doctor joined us when his work schedule permitted. We had a wonderful time- and I honestly laughed my guts out along the way. Sadly, I only took video-- no pictures-- the whole trip. (i'm a thinker!) So let me treat you to a few of our fun moments.
This is just Kelsey and my kids being hilarious:
Also Kelsey and my kids, and also hilarious. In a McDonald's... dancing to their cool music:
And this is Sockie's new theme song. In case you can't hear him... "I Love Soda. I love Soda."
Cute Pencil.
There were SO many wonderful moments. Sadly, I did not document them in a timely fashion and now many have become lost in the chaos that is my memory. I was delighted to spend time with my family and the doctor's wonderful family. (I'm glad they let me come without their son!) I was sad to have missed seeing my best friend from Jr. High... and I was exhausted by the time we got home.
And happily, I was glad to get back here. Arizona is starting to settle with me... and I can see someday (soon?) calling it home. So. Back to real life...for a little while.
I am sad to have missed you as well. But I understand the busyness of trips and such. It just means I will have to make a trip to Arizona!!! :) Love you to the moon...
ReplyDeleteHahahaha...I LOVE the videos you posted. The belly slap is still my favorite :) It was so great to be able to play with you guys for a week. You're wonderful!
ReplyDelete