We have enjoyed living in this new house of ours. We have slowly been making it our own.
(As a side note, I have really disliked having our house called by someone else's name. I understand that you may have known the past two families to live in this home, but don't say so to me!!
"Oh, you live in the old So-n-So's house?" Correction- I live in my house. That's why I live in it. It is mine. If So-n-So used to live here, that is neither here nor there to me. Because I didn't live here then.) ANY WAY....
We have been working first on the kid's rooms.
The Boys' Room-- Robot themed
Bunk Beds!
Bottom Bunk
Stairs
New Dresser
Art on the walls
Blue Closet doors
"Jiggers" (gears) near the ceiling!
The boys have LOVED having a 'new' room and I have had a hard time getting them to go anywhere else. That first night they even asked if they could go to bed at 6:30! (they didn't sleep or anything, but what kind of mom says no to that request?!)
Grape's Room has been done for a while now, but we still need to document it!
Bright colors!
Polka Dots on the wall
Rotating art display of Grape's work
Feta's Room is nearly finished- and we will document it soon!
We also traveled to Utah for a fun summer trip.
Aunt Kelsey drove with us and we got a new van! (Good-bye Clifford, and hello Vanna!)
We also had a Birthday!! --And Baptism
What ever will we do with an 8-year-old cub scout?!
We were able to celebrate his birthday with friends before our trip:
P and R are some of Sockie's best buds!
We were so blessed to have lots of family be present and support him in such a big and exciting decision.
We somehow managed to miss getting a picture with Grammy, but she was definitely there (and a HUGE help getting everything organized)
These are the pictures we did get!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think: