Thursday, May 1, 2014

One year older and wiser too

Our marriage is one year older. (as are we, but I'll elect not to belabor that point)


Lots of years ago we were married and sealed for time and all eternity in one of the most beautiful buildings on earth. I'm so thankful for those good memories, and for the delightsome ones that have followed. Here's to lots and lots more!






This is us at the hospital Christmas party

Thanks to my dear momma, we were able to sneak away this year to celebrate. She came and spoiled my monkeys decidedly rotten (and I'm glad she survived! We had her fly into our little town on the world's smallest, least friendly airplane. Moms are amazing!)

Because the Doctor wants to stay a doctor, he had to take an awesome (as in exceedingly long, very stressful, super expensive) exam. Huzzah for being board certified. The exam was in Chicago, so we turned a rather sad reason for travel into a rather lovely one, but extending his stay and making the addition of one passenger. Me.

Chicago, again!

The first few days were filled with studying and prep. I'm not complaining though. He studied, and I relaxed. No kids, laundry or dishes? Yes, please! New restaurant every night. Well... if you insist. I also read a few good books, shopped my heart out at Target, and got a mani-pedi, if you must know.

After the test was finished, a huge sigh of relief was breathed by all, and we switched to our favorite hotel down-town for the remainder of our stay. (remember Chicago last time?)

We also made the most of our few nights on the town. We went to see Peter and the Starcatcher on Broadway. (a mixed review, to be honest, but I think I mostly liked it. It had lovely potential to be loved though...)



We went bowling at the swankiest bowling alley I've ever seen. (fancy fish tacos while you bowl? leather couches instead of hard benches? Yeah!) and I bowled what is quite possibly the best game of my life!!


I took a picture at frame 8 because for one moment I was beating my husband.
Then I actually won that round! Don't worry, in the two that followed, my typical bowling skills returned and the scores were never the same again.


We also couldn't escape a big city without a little Hockey action, am I right? And the Black Hawks did not disappoint. A goal in the last 30 seconds to tie the game, and then a wildly exciting win in overtime. My husband was smiling ear-to-ear for days.

We sure like that Chicago city. It was so fun to return briefly to the mid-west for a quick visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...