We're playing catch-up. (get it, Ketchup?) SO... In march we had spring break. The Doctor had a class in Las Vegas to prep for his boards exam, so the kids and I high-tailed it to St. George, Utah to visit my awesome Grandma and Grandpa.
It was a brief trip, but I can't even tell you the therapy it was to my soul to be with them again. I grew up next door to these awesome people, and truth be told, I spent copious amounts of time at their house, or in their garden, or in the barn, or on the tractor/four wheeler/irrigation pipe line, or at the Post Office (where Grandma was the postmistress for our small town), or on the trampoline. AH.... the trampoline. We even sat together every week at church. (maybe it's a good thing we've been apart a bit. they might be sick of me!) Their love and example has been a rock in my life, and I am deeply grateful that my kids have been able to spend time with them. I hope we get to do it more!
We played hard while we were there. We visited the St George Children's museum (a DELIGHT!) and the McDonald's play place. (Isn't it an unspoken law that grandparents or great-grandparents have to do that if at all possible?) And a quick trip to see the St. George LDS Temple and visitor's center.
The next day we went to the 'wildlife museum' (really, a plethora of taxidermy displayed artfully, but quite fun for my kids) and went swimming despite the chilly wind.
No trip to see Grandpa Dee is would be complete with horses. (even if it is a pony)
Pencil Dee with Great Grandpa Dee
St. George Utah Temple
Wildlife Museum




I love your Grandparents! Great pictures.
ReplyDelete