*The title is a quote from Pencil this morning. One night of costumes and candy was not enough for this monkey this year.
We opted not to dress as a family crew this year, mostly because the three opinions could not find a way to align in any peaceful manner.
So Hermione and two of the Ninja Turtles (Mikey and Leo) were our attempt at a compromise. (Mom and Dad went as Mom and Dad. Easy costumes are... easy. I was going to say my favorite, but I'm not gonna lie. I had visions of making up The Doctor as Professor Snape. It would have been awesome. There's always next year, right?)
We were lucky enough to have Grandma and Grandpa visit us for Halloween. It was so great to have them here!
We went to the church for a rowdy carnival. My kids threw hula-hoops over pumpkins, nibbled donuts from strings, limbo-ed under brooms and tossed bean bags like pros. Pro-fessional children at a carnival, that is.
We also wandered a neighboring neighborhood and froze our buns off! It is much chillier here than it was in the Southern Arizona. We are still adjusting. (And hoping we have toes left when it is all said and done!)
And should you wonder why we went to a neighboring neighborhood, rather than our own, I'll tell you.
If you don't wonder, kindly skip to the end now.
We love our neighborhood, but it is a gated community. It is also a community full of people's second/summer homes (which are now empty and waiting for spring). It is also a neighborhood where few young children live. My kids are the only ones at the bus stop. (All reasons I put on the con side of the list when we first looked at it) So, it is not really a Trick-Or-Treat kind of neighborhood. Case-in-point: we got 2 trick-or-treaters. TWO! Which meant lots of left-over candy at our house. (Dang Safeway and their buy 5 bags and get a screaming deal!) We won't mention how much is (or isn't) left at the time this is being written...
Hope your day was spooky and sweet, just like ours!!
Me too Pencil, I love Halloween! Hope you all were scared and delighted!
ReplyDelete