Since last we met, our oldest monkey was recognized at school for being respectful. It is a monthly 'character' /citizenship award, voted by the students. Her teacher called me to invite us to attend, and he said he fully agrees with the classes choice. SO proud of her!
She is doing very well in this new place. She has great friends, and is enjoying school and the 'extended learning' class she get to go to. She is being her usual, enthusiastic, smarty self. I think we'll keep her.
Our youngest monkey had a birthday and turned 4. He was beside himself. I still (a week and a half later) get daily comments about how great his presents are and how much he loves them (good job Grammy, Grandma and Grandpa, and Dad)
If you can't tell, those are lego shaped candles (and Texas sheet-cake!).
He tried to play with them and broke two!
We've also had sickies. Of course, it's been one kid at a time. (I can't decide if that is better or worse!)
The towel and puke bowl are a semi-permanent fixture on my couch. Bleh!
But a high-light (or low light, depending on which family member you ask) was heading back to that southern Arizona place so The Doctor could take the first half of his board exams. (yeah, 8 hour test that cost $1000 = low light) BUT the kids and I got to head back to our old stomping grounds and see a few friends. High light! We were sad we didn't get to see everyone, but 8 hours only lends itself to so much fun.
Of course Target was included in the fun.
We played at the park with friends. I have no images of Sock and his buddy T, because they wouldn't hold still for long enough! Can you see the sweat on Pencil? It was high 80's there, and we were still dressed for the chilly 50's here. We were all sweating stink-balls. Delicious.
Some of my favorite mommies that came to say hi! Love them!
Grapes and one of her many good friends, J. They had such a good time together. I admit, I got teary when she jumped out of my car and hugged her friend like they had been parted for years and not just a few months. She got to see M and S as well, but her mom forgot to take pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think: