We have been busy and lazy at the same time, if that is really possible, and I have had so little to report while feeling so very occupied with the day-to-day.
In the last 7 days we have:
*Taken the van (Beloved Fred) in for an Oil change and discovered that the sway bar on the driver's side had snapped in-two. After a whole day of courtesy shuttles, babysitters, and waiting, our quick oil change resulted in a Fred that is more road ready and decidedly more expensive than the $24.99 I expected to spend.
*Traveled to Mesa to visit the Temple. We went with a family of friends and it was a rollicking adventure. (Their 4 kids are Sock's age and younger. AND they have a Little Grapes and a Little Sock in their family, so it is always fun trying to catch some one's attention) We swapped baby-sitting, so that Whiting parents could go inside, and then R-Family parents could go in next. Turns out that seven children under the age of 8 gets to be noisy and busy and funny. Turns out that in comparing the brands of children, the Whiting ones are much noisier and busier. (Surprise?) I'm so glad we went and I hope the R-Family might want to hang out with us again (instead of running screaming into the night at the mere idea...)
![]() |
| We walked over to the DQ and got ice-cream. One block in crazy hot weather with 7 kids... Whew! Little L, Little G, Grapes, and Little J |
![]() |
| Sockie, The Doctor and Pencil |
![]() |
| Baby Sock. Oh this kiddo is such a happy baby, I would have another baby today if we could guarantee one like this. |
*Gotten Awesomely sick. Sock has puked. Grapes has lounged in fevered lethargy. Pencil has recreated some of his most spectacularly explosive diaper moments from newborn-hood. I may or may not have cried at the prospect of cleaning the mess of the umpteenth one. Here's hoping that today is full of no more ibuprofen, less crackers, and the regular kind of bum-changes and nothing more.
| JoJo's Circus was the favorite sick movie for a whole day. I felt like Grapes was 2 again! |
| Lego's kept the sickos entertained (at least as long as they weren't disagreeing about who got to use each piece) |
| Un-expected naps, on the clean-ish kitchen tile. Near but not on a pillow. |
*In addition to tending to sick monkeys night and day, I prepared and delivered a 15 minute talk in the Sacrament Meeting of church AND a Lesson in Relief Society the same day. All while my exhausted husband stayed home from church to sit with sick kids ON FATHERS DAY. Poor guy was just home from a 24 hour shift in the Pediatric ICU too, so I think it's fair to say we were all ZOMBIED that day.
*Sunday night we had visitors. The Doctor's good friend from high school and his family were coming through our town in the process of moving to California. We grilled hamburgers and laughed and talked. It was so good to see them. (The last time we saw them was the day before Sock was born, and S's wife was 8 months pregnant with their #2 as well) Now they have 4 darling kiddos, and one is named Sock too. (It's a very popular name these days)
And this week we are moving on to the next exciting installment. Aunt Kelsey arrives today and we will be soon road-tripping across the western states as we attempt to visit friends and family and avoid some of the CRAZY Arizona summer heat. Wish us luck!



I love the update! Sorry about sick kiddos, I hope they get well enough in time for your road trip :)
ReplyDelete