I am in search of a solution to a problem.
I need a magic potion, or a time-turner, or a brain sucker...
I have a two-year-old at my house who is too smart for his own (and his tired momma's own) good.
He has no fear of trying new things- and he knows how to try them!
He scoots stools, chairs, tables, boxes, and siblings over to things he can't reach, then climbs up and reaches them.
He calls the contacts in my phone, and talks to them. My sweet neighbor said they talked for almost 5 minutes.
He pushes buttons on the computer. He has opened programs, changed the background, and moved icons to his heart's desire.
He took my sewing machine apart, I think to see how the pieces moved and worked. (thankfully it appears to be easily repaired)
He can turn on the camera and take pictures.
He plugs things in. He turns things off. He climbs into and onto EVERYTHING (usually so he can open, break, or dump out what he can find).
I've tried prevention, but I am too slow. I've tried logic, and gentle reminders, and shouting, and...
I need to dumb him down a bit.
Hence the magic potion or brain sucker. (I figure a time turner would just regress him to a less mobile and possibly less busy state... but one cannot be sure...)
Please send any ideas! Or just some 'tookies' or 'talk-let take' to soothe his harried mom and keep him busy for a moment. Thanks!

hand cuffs? St Joseph's valium? good luck!!
ReplyDelete