So, Whit, where ya been all my life?
Why, Friend, I've been in the not-so-sunny state of Utah. But more on that later...
First, let us think on that loving season to be jolly and joyous. The season when the saints can employ us to spread the news about peace and to keep love alive. (name that beloved Christmas movie!)
Yes- we are finally getting to Christmas. At our house there was some debate about WHEN Christmas would happen. The Doctor had to work overnight from the 24th to the 25th, and was scheduled to work until 8:00 that morning. (which means he wouldn't be home until around 9:00) But he didn't want to miss that Christmas moment when the kids see Santa's gifts. (*Side note* At our house, Santa leaves the big gift out and unwrapped for instant Christmas gratification. All other gifts are wrapped, but Santa's obviously can't wait)
We asked Grapes and Sock if we should invite Santa to come a day early to our house so Dad could be there. We were met with blank stares from Sock and an immediate and very assertive "NO" from Grapes. She did not want to mess up the advent calendars that she had already diligently begun. Plus- then it wouldn't be real Christmas.
Any other kid would have had a party at this possibly once-in-a-lifetime chance. I'm just sayin'.
So, we waited. Mercifully, the doctor was able to come home early Christmas morning, and we actually had to wake Pencil up in order to open gifts at a respectable 7:00.
The big kids got Bikes for Christmas. Yay Arizona!
Pencil's stocking did not have any treats in it. He found a way to take care of that discrepancy. He took one of Sock's treats out of his stocking, and chewed it through the wrapper until a sufficient amount got into (and all over) his mouth. Funny baby.
All in all, Christmas was wonderful. We lounged in PJ's and did a whole lot of toy playing and the like (while the doctor slept in the other room)
The next day began a whole new batch of mommy-crazies, because we had a wedding in Utah to go to. I had not even thought about packing, preparing or ANYTHING because Christmas was a bit all-encompassing. So the 26th was a slap in my unprepared-for-air-travel-with-three-children face.
When I got out the suitcases, this is how I felt:
I love you and I love your family. You have some great pics on here, thanks for sharing about Christmas :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad for the opportunity to stock you now! I LOOOVE your kids names on here, they made me giggle! I also love the term "mommy-crazies" and I think I will use it. I'm glad to know you made it back from Utah safe and sound, and also jealous because I'm sure you are much warmer than me right now.
ReplyDeleteI KNOW!!! The Christmas movie is Muppets Christmas Carol! What a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteUm, I meant stalk. That's all :).
ReplyDeleteI'm just catching up here for the first time in a month or two and can I just say that I LOVE that you're using O's nicknames as aliases for your kids?!?! I was just thinking about that the other day and wondering if you remembered...Glad you thought it was cute too!
ReplyDeletePencil is getting so big, I am so missing out on watching him grow.