Friday, November 12, 2010

Pencil, Fence, Spenito Juarez


My baby is ONE! This little man has grown up so quickly. I remember so well the crazy night that he came into this world. (A labor completely unlike my others. The doctor was out of town, my dear friend Erin took my kids and sweet sister-in-law Megan held my hand. My actual doctor tried to help slow things down, but Pencil was determined to get outta there. There was a scary moment when we learned that his placenta had big fat VEINS in addition to the umbilical cord-- NOT normal and potentially very dangerous-- but he was just fine. And he was perfect-- an Apgar of 9 right off the bat.)

He's walking and babble-talking like no body's business now. In fact, some of his birthday pictures are out of focus because he would walk straight for the camera and smile every time I tried to take a picture.



He opened presents (with a lot of help) and ran around as happy as can be.





We attempted Jell-o cake. A tradition for our kids at 1, but this mom started too late and we didn't have time for the jello. sad day. Instead he got regular cake and frosting. He didn't seem to mind, so I hope I'm forgiven.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I remember a year ago too. That was crazy!!! He's so big now, I can't believe he's out of his highchair and in the booster seat!! Thank you so much for posting pics and video, I love him consuming frosting. Kid after my own heart. Love you Spence and love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that night so well too, I was just thinking about it on Tuesday and realized it had been a whole year. The mental image of you sitting in your van outside my house, all pregnant and in labor and with a steaming pizza on your lap, totally makes me laugh for some reason...just not at all what I was expecting to see when I got there! LOL
    Cute pics, cute videos, cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. Spencer was SO little when I brought you dinner. He was all bundled in his OVER SIZED car seat. Look at him now. That video with the cake is ADORABLE!! Cute kids Whitney. Miss your face. (Weird, last night I was thinking... me, I should pick up someone kids the day before thanksgiving and let said Mom have a break/catch up. The name that popped into my head... Whitney. I am sad I can't! Hope things are well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. It was so good to read about what you have been up too. I especially loved the potty training post, because that is what I am trying to do with Kate right now. And she is very good at holding it too. Give me some hope...is Scottie doing better, or better yet, tell me he is completely trained!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...